Today I am having a hard time figuring out what to write. I have started several things and each one of them either needs time to settle and come together or simply needs to be thrown away.
Seems a lot like life. When something isn’t clear I want to push through and make it clear. Patience, however, is almost always more effective.
Impatience can have serious negative side effects:
- My writing may not be well focused.
- I may not feel peaceful about the result.
- I may miss important content.
- I may include suspect content.
- I may unintentionally damage relationships.
Patience, on the other hand, is always rewarded with:
- Clear meaning.
- Effective communication.
- Great results.
So instead of forcing something into cyberspace before it is ready, I am going to be patient.
Where in your life are you being impatient? What would patience look like in that situation?